How to Fix “Last Line No Longer Available” in iPhones?
Android and iPhone are the two operating systems in mobile technology. These 2 operating systems dominate the smartphone market.
If we talk about the iPhone, it is very quick to launch its new updates and versions, which excite a large population. However, many people are facing an error in some of the latest versions of the iPhone. Many users with an e-sim or dual sim in their iPhone see the ‘last line no longer available on their mobile phones.
Here, we will discuss about this error and will tell you the ways to fix this error on your iPhone.
What is the ‘last Line No Longer Available’ on iPhone?
This problem seems to affect the preferred line on an iPhone with dual-SIM capability. So, if you have more than 1 plan in your iPhone or an e-sim, you may see that the iPhone says the last line is no longer available.
When you try dialing from the ‘default’ sim from the recent log, you may encounter this problem. You will notice an error asking you to use the alternative of calling by using your “remaining line.” You can click ‘call’ in the box, but remember that it won’t allow you to call from the default sim.
Which iPhone Models Are Facing This Error?
Earlier the last line no longer available iPhone error was only seen in Apple’s initial dual-sim phones, which were XS and XS Max. After this issue, every iPhone with dual sim capability is looked at with suspicion, including iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone SE, and iPhone 14.
Fixes to Solve the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ iPhone Error
1. Turn on/off Airplane Mode
One of the easiest 7 quickest ways to solve the iPhone last line no longer available is to try turning the airplane mode on and off. This solution can solve the occasional glitch related to the network. So, do try this method to solve the error.
Use the following steps to use this fix:
- On iPhones without a home button, swipe down from the screen’s upper right corner to see the Control Center. Tap the airplane mode symbol to activate it.
- Hold on for some seconds, and then press the icon for airplane mode to disable and activate the network connection. Try dialing any number with your preferred sim card on the iPhone to see if the error is fixed.
2. Try Switching the Sims
In your iPhone, you can switch between the apps for calling purposes. Even if you have a default line for calls & messages, you can select to change it. If the error still exists and prevents you from placing a phone call from the default sim, you must try switching between the sims.
Follow the below steps for this purpose:
- Click the “i” button near the contact you want to call.
- If you are dialing the number to place the call, click the ‘primary phone number’ and select ‘alternate sim.’
3. Avoid Using the Preferred Line for Cellular Data
The error can also appear when you use the default or preferred network for using the data.
Use the following steps to do this:
- Go to ‘settings’ and click on ‘cellular.’
- Now, press’ cellular data’.
- Select the other network/sim or disable the cellular data.
4. Clear the Recent Call Log
Many of the iPhone users who saw the ‘last line not available’ error said that by -clearing the call log, the error went away.
Follow the Below Steps:
- Open the dialler or phone app on your mobile, and you will see the ‘edit’ button on the upper right corner of the screen; click that button. Now, choose the ‘clear all’ option to confirm deleting the logs. Now, restart the iPhone.
- Once the device has been done reboot, try placing a call from the default sim. The pop-up will most probably disappear, and the issue has been solved.
5. Turn Off the Automatic Network Selection
Many iPhone users have noticed that they get the last line error when the network selection is kept on ‘automatic.’ When you turn off this setting, there is a high chance that the error will disappear.
Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Navigate to settings – mobile data – network selection.
- Disable the ‘automatic’ toggle.
6. Update Carrier Settings
One solution to fix the last line error is updating the carrier settings on the iPhone. There may be a possibility that the issue may be related to the network, and thus by updating the carrier settings, the problem may get resolved.
Use the below steps to use this solution:
- Go to settings on the iPhone and navigate to the General – About. You may receive an alert telling you to update the carrier settings.
- Now, click ‘update’ on the pop-up, and that’s done!
7. Update the Software
Nowadays, many iOS versions come with a lot of bugs. Of these bugs, some of them get solved through updating the software.
So, if you see the last line error, you must definitely check by updating the software.
Try the below step for this:
- Go to the settings app – General – Software update, and then download & install the latest version.
8. Restart the iPhone
Try to restart the phone and then remove all the useless temporary files.
Following are the steps for different versions of the iPhone:
- iPhone 6s/6 plus or earlier versions: When the screen becomes dark and the Apple logo appears, simultaneously hold down the power and home buttons.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press & hold power & volume down buttons simultaneously till the logo of Apple appears on the screen.
- iPhone 8 or later: Don’t forget to turn up the volume. Press the volume down button immediately after that. After that, hold down the power button while waiting for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
9. Reset the Network Settings
Whenever you face a network-related problem, the one solution that you need to try is – to reset the network settings. The ‘last line’ error has a connection with the e-sim; you need to try this solution.
Follow the below steps:
- Go to the settings app – general – transfer or reset iPhone – reset – reset network settings.
- You need to input the device passcode and choose the ‘reset network settings’ option in the pop-up.
10. Remove & Re-insert the Sim
If none of the solutions work, then you can do this simple and easy trick to remove the error. It is the simplest trick that you can try to remove this problem. You don’t even need any steps for this purpose; it is that simple fix.
11. Reset All the Settings
When the basic steps do not work, you must take a big step and solve the problem. You need to reset the complete settings of your phone and set your device from scratch.
Follow the below steps:
- Open the settings app on your iPhone – General – transfer or reset the iPhone – reset – reset all settings.
- Input the device passcode and click ‘reset all settings to complete the process.
At last, we would say that the iPhone’s last line error can be seen on many versions. The error is mostly seen in the iPhones having dual sim or e-sim compatibility. We have mentioned some solutions that can help you remove this error from your iPhone.